You're using the Facebook in-app browser. Please open the page in a normal browser to have the best experience.


WU Executive Academy will support students to facilitate the entry visas needed for their study program.

Attendance at Regular Classes

Our Program Managers provide “invitation letters” upon request for the regular classes in Vienna. With this document, students can go to the appropriate government agency and apply for a visa. Please inform yourself in advance about the visa application requirements.

Attendance at International Residencies

In order to apply for visas for international residencies, students receive “invitation letters” from our partner universities and/or “hotel confirmations.” Please find out if there are entry restrictions for your country and if you fulfil all formal prerequisites and apply for a "Tourist Visa". A visa service is provided to students who permanently live in Austria.

PLEASE NOTE: For the Global Executive MBA international residency in the USA a “Student Visa” is required; applying for this specific “Student Visa” will invalidate all currently-existing American visas of the applicant.

Entry and Residence - Austria

The type of residence permit required, depends on your country of origin and the duration of your stay in Austria. Please find the most relevant information here.


If you are not covered by your home country insurance or are required by the Austrian Government to insure yourself in Austria for your residence permit and visa you find the right products fully online at


If you need an entry visa at the Austrian embassy in your home country, the process looks at follows:

  • Get a short-term travel insurance for your entry visa (before your appointment at the embassy in your home country)
    Start the insurance with the first day you see yourself in Austria and pick approx. 1 month (in order to set up your bank account)
  • Get an Austrian bank account as soon as you are in Austria:
  • As soon as you have the Austrian bank account, you can get the long-term insurance for your residence permit / visa:

For any other insurance needs you can get an individual quote from FeelSafe.

Work and residence after completing studies - "Red-White-Red Card"

Graduates of an MBA or Master of Laws program at the WU Executive Academy (EU and third countries) can apply for a "Red-White-Red Card" under specific conditions.

More information

Share this